We are always looking for students who are interested in working in MaineSAIL. We have opportunities for PhD, MS, and honors, and capstone projects, as well as for student participation on projects just to get experience (and fun, and possibly pay). Here are some areas in which students can get involved. If you are interested, please get in touch with me (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Autonomous underwater vehicle control
- Intelligent agent control
- Context-sensitive reasoning
- Multiagent systems
- Robot simulators built using game engines, e.g., Unity, Unreal, etc.
- Computational ecology
- Machine learning (neural networks, deep learning)
- Case-based reasoning
- Diagnostic reasoning for (e.g.) handling unanticipated events
- Ontologies for intelligent systems
- Assistive technology (e.g., cognitive prostheses) for cognitively-impaired individuals
- Virtual worlds for computer science courses, built using (e.g.) Wonderland
- Computer science education at the K-12 levels
- Literate programming